Tucked away on the main shopping street of Via del Corso is the beautiful church Santi Ambrogio e Carlo al Corso. The church belongs to the Lombard community and is dedicated to Saint Ambrose of Milan and Saint Charles Borromeo. The foundation stone was laid on the 29th January 1612 and took a further 70 years before it was completed mostly by a father and son team, Onorio and Martino Longhi.

The church floor plan (75m x 54m) is based on a Latin cross design with three naves, one splendid cupola (72m high) by Pietro da Cortona, a large transept with two beautiful altars on either side and an ambulatory at the back of the church housing the relic of the heart of Saint Charles.
Rome - Santi Ambrogio e Carlo al Corso Larger Photos Back to Photo Index Page
Firefox This site has been cobbled together by Simon O'Callaghan
Contact Information: Simon O'Callaghan
All content is Copyright © 2000-2018
Hosted by ApisNetwork