The 374 Pavilion Engine (built in 1886) is located inside a spacious building next to the Roundhouse Community centre on the corner of Davie Street and Pacific Boulevard. The locomotive first rolled into the city of Vancouver on May 23, 1887 with 150 passengers from the east coast of Canada and remained in service for 59 years.

In 1945 the locomotive was placed on a section of track at Kitsilano Beach where it was largely forgotten about and unfortunately suffered greatly from the sea salt air. After much fund raising the locomotive was moved in 1983 to Granville Island and slowly restored by a team of volunteers ready for Expo 86. After many years of travelling Engine 374 Pavilion finally found a permenant home in 1990 and is now a beautiful reminder of past times.
Vancouver - Engine 374 Pavilion Back to Photo Index Page
Firefox This site has been cobbled together by Simon O'Callaghan
Contact Information: Simon O'Callaghan
All content is Copyright © 2000-2018
Hosted by ApisNetwork